Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Sunshine State


We spent Thanksgiving with Brent's family in Florida. The best part about the break was just getting a break from school. This last semester about killed both of us. We drove to campus every day at 7:30 or 8 and sometimes didn't come home until 10 or 11 that night. They were really long days, but we survived! Going to school with your sweetheart is the best thing ever. It was so much fun spending every second together between classes, eating lunch together, and just studying together. Anyways, back to Florida. I will say it was a little hard being my first holiday away from home, but we had so much fun and I loved spending the whole break with my husband. Here are pictures of some of the things we did... 


We love Jerry's ice cream. Literally best ever!
I had to take this picture because this is a ripe avocado. They are HUGE in Florida. They are so delicious!

My sweet mother in law made me this yummy breakfast for my birthday!

This sweet guy (along with his mom's help :) haha) made me my very favorite cake for my birthday, chocolate raspberry ganache cake...YUM!!!

This melts my heart. I love seeing Brent with all his nieces and nephews. 

Bren't beautiful backyard

Our favorite thing are boat rides in the lake together. 

more boat rides

Brent and I found a new hobby: riding bikes together. We rode bikes every day and just absolutely loved it. It definitely helps to be able to ride along such a beautiful lake. 

Such a great restaurant. We split the ribs (below) and they were TO DIE FOR!


Brent's friend invited us over and he had just been to the ocean and brought back all these oysters. We had to try them. They were completely raw, not even steamed, and very slimy. But they were fun to try. 




This little shop had the best fresh squeezed orange juice I've EVER had. It was to die for! I'm wanting some right now. 

The day I got married I gained 14 nieces and nephews.  Aren't they just so stinkin cute!


You can barely tell in the picture, but these cinnamon rolls overflowed the pan and were HUGE!... and so delicious. We had the best food while we were in Florida. The trip was so much fun and we loved spending time with Brent's family. I would say I can't wait to go back next year, but it sounds like we might be going to Winnipeg next year because of Brent's parents' mission call. BURR!! So long Florida!



No comments:

Post a Comment