Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Famous St. Anthony

St. Anthony, Idaho may not be the Big Apple, but it's close enough in our book. This city is where my dad grew up, and I swear, it has not grown a bit since 1950. What other city has stayed the exact same through decades of time? That is why we absolutely love St. A. It is the best kept secret in the nation. My dad lived right on the Snake River, which is our favorite thing to do. We love floating the river and getting out at the sandbar, which has a diving board and a way fun slide. We then float the river down to the powerhouse. Seriously, so much fun. It wouldn't be complete without a 50 cent root beer float from Grant's. 

We love to go up over the 24th of July so we can watch the parade. So great! This year a lady was coming around with a massage chair, and leave it to Brent to ask if she was giving out free massages. She replied "yes" and told him to take a seat. I was a little jealous. It looked heavenly! But I could barely take the pictures because I was laughing so hard. Here Brent is relaxed as could be while the whole float is continuing behind him. He definitely caught everyone's attention! 







Morning walk in the windy Rexburg. 


Funny story with this scene. So, this exact spot, 18 years ago is where my dad took us one day when my mom was speaking at EFY. We sat here as they pulled up with a cow and a man with a gun. My dad, thinking this would be a great experience for the kids, sat us all down on those benches. They pulled the cow in and shot him right on the spot. They then proceeded to cut the cow up. My dad sat there with his jaw dropped to the floor as he then remembered he was the dad and his 3 kids were right next to him. He looked over to find us all with tears coming down our eyes. haha and then "don't tell mom." Of course the first thing Tyson said when we saw our mom, "You won't believe what dad took us to see." haha of course! Such a funny memory to relive here. 
I can hardly wait to meet my grandpa. He sounds like such an amazing man! 

No comments:

Post a Comment