Monday, March 17, 2014

San Antonio

Brent and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day the weekend before because we were babysitting a family for Valentines week. I told Brent that he could plan our special day, but was a little hesitant to let him plan the whole thing by himself. I didn't care what we did, I just thought a nice dinner would be awesome. He kept saying he he was still trying to decide what to do, but secretly he had planned a fun trip to San Antonio the whole time. So he surprised me by emailing me the weekend plans. I was so excited!! 

I packed up all of our stuff and Brent got off work early so we could leave. It was only about a 3 hour drive. We stayed in a really nice hotel right on the river walk. So beautiful!! 




We took the boat ride through the River Walk. So calm and beautiful!

Stopped to see the Alamo followed by the Alamo movie in the Imax. 

We went back to this restaurant just to get this dessert. It was a bananas foster crepe. SOO YUMMY!!! There was a live band there and they chose Brent and I out of the crowd and dedicated a song just to us. haha so great!

The Guenther House. So good for breakfast!

The best pizza ever... right on the beautiful river walk. 

We were just there for a weekend, but it was so relaxing. The food was delicious. One weekend was the perfect amount of time. We felt like we did everything we wanted to do and still had time to relax. 

Brent is really good about planning fun dates. Last year, Valentines Day was our 2nd date (although we had hung out every day for about 2 or 3 weeks at that point). He took me to pick up Cheesecake Factory to go and we ate it in the back of his car overlooking all of Utah County and snuggling up to some good country music and star gazing. Oh, it was definitely one of the times I knew I really liked this boy. 

I guess he has a lot to live up to next year! :) I love my man!!

No comments:

Post a Comment