Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Off to Taiwan!

Oh where do I even begin with this post? It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about dropping my family off at the airport.  I had been dreading this day from the moment we found out my parents were called to Taiwan clear back in October.  Every time I would think about them leaving I would get teary eyed. The biggest thing was that my parents wouldn’t be there when I had the baby. And I HATED when people would remind me of that. People would always say “Oh, I could not have done it without my mom when I had my first baby.” Okaaaaay. I know it is going to be hard, but that’s just part of the sacrifice. I also thought of all the little things like we wouldn’t be able to call/text whenever because of the 14 hour time difference, or we wouldn’t be able to go home for the weekend, or all of our family traditions that would be put on hold for 3 years, or that the twins are going to be so grown up when they come home. I could go on and on about all the things I’m going to miss, but that doesn’t really get me anywhere. I realized I needed to constantly remind myself of how neat of an experience this is. Yes, I will miss them like CRAZY, but what a neat bonding experience for my family and a way that we can take part in missionary work. I strongly believe that we will be blessed as a family for this sacrifice and that it will strengthen our family.


Before the airport, we all met at my aunt’s house where we heard all about the MTC (Missionary Training Center). What an incredible experience for my parents to be there with President Monson and most of the apostles. We ate a delicious dinner, talked, cried, and my dad gave us all Priesthood blessings. I will never forget the blessing that I received. Then my family drove them to the airport. Ohhhhh, the airport was so dang hard, but we all left with one last group hug and a few cheers as they passed through security. I would expect nothing less from my family! I cannot wait to go to Taiwan and see the amazing work that my parents are doing. I may be a bit biased but I think those missionaries are so dang lucky to get them!!

This was a few weeks back from the setting apart from Elder Ballard and Elder Christensen. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment